Sony Ericsson W980By Sony Ericsson Mobiles
Full Specifications of Sony Ericsson W980 (Released 2008, July)
- Screen Size
- 2.2 inches
- Screen Resolution
- 240x320 pixels
- Pixel Density
- 182 PPI
- Display Type
- TFT, 256K colors
- Rear Camera Resolution
- 3.15 MP
- Video Recording
- SIM Card Slots
- Single SIM
- SIM Card Type
- SIM 1: Normal-SIM
- Yes, v2.0, A2DP
- Internal Storage
- 8 GB
- Card Slot/Expandable
- 8GB storage, no card slot
- Battery Capacity
- 930 mAh
- Battery Type
- Stand By Time
- Up to 370 h (2G) / Up to 360 h (3G)
- Talk Time
- Up to 9 h (2G) / Up to 4 h 30 min (3G)
- Sony Ericsson
- Qualcomm MSM7200
- PowerVR SGX
- Operating System
- OS Version
- Feature phone
- 100 grams
- 92 x 46 x 16.9 mm
- (3.62 x 1.81 x 0.67 in)
- Yes, HSDPA 2100
- Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- Yes, No
- Yes, No
- SMS, EMS, MMS, Email, Instant Messaging
- WAP 2.0/xHTML, HTML (NetFront), RSS reader
- Yes + downloadable
- Yes, MIDP 2.0
- Walkman player
TrackID music recognition
Predictive text input
Find dealers for Sony Ericsson W980 mobile phone in your City:
List of local dealers selling Sony Ericsson W980 mobile phone in your city.
STORAGE Above Average
BATTERY Below Average
Display Size Below Average
Display PPI Below Average
WEIGHT Above Average
Camera Resolution Below Average
Spec Score Below Average
Key Specifications Review of Sony Ericsson W980
- Medium Size Screen - 2.2 inches Medium Screen size - Fits in Hand good for browsing and reading, not as pleasurable as large screen phones
- Not Very Sharp Screen - 182 PPI Lower Resolution will lave less sharp display. Images, videos and text will look less sharp or may appear a bit blurr.
- TFT, 256K colors TFT Screens offer good viewing angles and decrease battery life
- Less RAM - 0 GB Having lots of RAM allows more applications to run at the same time making the phone faster.
- PowerVR SGX Graphics Processing Unit enables smooth processing of 3D Games and HD Videos. It also shares the load of processors and saves battery.
- Single SIM You can use only one sim in the phone.
- 3.15 MP Rear Camera Average Resolution camera that capture less vibrant images without focusing much on details.
- No Front Camera Front Camera enables you to take your own photos and do videocalling (on supported devices).
- No Flash Having a camera flash allows you to take photos in low light.
- No Autofocus Without Autofocus, the camera of the mobile is will not be able to focus on the subject automatically.
- Light Weight - 100g Lightweight mobile phones are easier to carry and look more fashionable.
- Limited Storage Capacity - 8 GB Less internal storage may limit installation of more apps, storing songs, images, videos, etc.
- No Memory Card An external microSD card supplements the internal storage that can be used for saving images, songs, videos, etc.
- Low Battery Life - 930 mAh Lower Battery Life causes quick battery drain & results in frequent charging. The Battery life also depends on screen size, processor, OS, personal useage and other factors.
- Supports 3G 3G Enabled Handsets give you more download speed and a faster internet experience. 3G enables fast internet access, high speed downloads and access to lot other internet features.
- Supports 2G With 2G connectivity option you can get all cellular features but stay limited to basic internet facilities.
- Supports WiFi Connect to wifi hotspots in your area or other devices to your mobile.
- Supports GPS GPS help you to track your current location. get directions to a place or any destination using apps like Google Maps.
- Have A FM Radio Allows you to listen Music, songs, etc from Radio stations even while travelling.
- Supports Bluetooth You can wirelessly listen to music and calls using bluetooth headsets or even share data.
Video Review of Sony Ericsson W980
Sony Ericsson W980 Mobile Key Features
Released 2008, July by Sony Ericsson - Sony Ericsson W980 priced at 4500. Sony Ericsson W980 features a display of 2.2 inches & screen Resolution of 240x320 pixels with TFT, 256K colors and pixel density of 182 PPI. Sony Ericsson W980 comes with 3.15 MP of Primary Camera paired with , Sony Ericsson W980 has PowerVR SGX as GPU (Graphics Processing Unit), mobile runs on Feature phone operating system with a battery of 930mAh. The handset offers Up to 9 h (2G) / Up to 4 h 30 min (3G) of talk time , Up to 370 h (2G) / Up to 360 h (3G) of standby time . It measures 92 x 46 x 16.9 mm (3.62 x 1.81 x 0.67 in) and weighs 100 gms. For communication Sony Ericsson W980 supports Single SIM, built-in storage of 8GB storage, no card slot. Connectivity options of the Sony Ericsson W980 include 3G, 2G, GPRS, edge, Wlan No, Bluetooth v2.0, A2DP, FM radio.